CONSIGNMENT to our AUCTIONS:
If a client decides to consign his coins to our auctions we will be glad to assist him. We conduct auctions since 1969 and visit many international auction shows. At all our auctions the clients can bid live and therefore we get international prices.
1) Personal Delivery: The auction material will scanned and photocopied and the scans are part of the contract between the consigner and the Auction House Rauch. From then on the merchandise is insured at double of the estimate. After the auction the material is insured for the hammer price.
2) Shipment: If a client decides to ship the auction material we recommend to get into touch with us first. We will advice how the material should be shipped because our insurance will cover the transport. As soon as we will have the shipment we will inform the consigner by phone or e-mail. As confirmation the client will get scans of the material – if he has not done so before he shipped it – and the contract. (auction contract)
3) The description of the material will be done by our experts and they will specify the starting prices of the lots in discussion with Mr. Rauch and the client if necessary. The starting prices are minimum prices and not estimations. The auction lots cannot be sold below the starting price except the consigner agrees to it. Common material in poor condition will be offered as lots with detailed description and photos. All single lots are photographed which also promotes a good hammer prices. A consignment should not be below € 500,-- because of cost of administration.
4) Our commission is 20 % of the hammer price. For special interesting pieces or collections the ommission will be negotiated.
5) About four weeks prior to the auction date the client will receive the auction catalogue and an exact list with all the lot numbers belonging to him. In case of discrepancies we ask the client to get in contact with us immediately to resolve the problem.
6) Auction sale: The consigner may come personally to the auction or follow it live on his computer via internet. The worldwide customer list, the longtime and often personal contacts to our clients, the internet (online catalogue; live bidding) help to obtain good international hammer prices.
7) Few days after the auction the consigner will get the list with the results; this list with the prices realized can also be downloaded from our hompage immediately after the auction.
8) Payment: The consigner will receive the auction proceeds within 45 days after the end of the auction. The invoice shows the lots sold and unsold. The unsold will be returned without any costs or kept for another sale depending on the negotiations.
9) Cancellation: In case the client wants to get back his consignment or part of it and the catalogues is not yet in print he will have to cover the costs which arose. As soon as the printing and shipping is done he has ro refund 15 % of the starting prices.
10) Deadlines for consigning: We conduct three floor auctions a year : Spring, September and November and 3 to 4 e-auctions. The deadline for consigning is 2 months prior to the auction date. Before making a consignment please get in touch with us .